Caution: Read and understand all instructions and precautions before applying Wayneflex TPO™ flexible roofing membrane.
1. Wayneflex TPO™ can be applied both on new construction or when reroofing. For optimal results, remove all old roofing down to the decking or, in new construction, apply over the new deck.
2. Sweep the deck surface to remove all dirt and debris. The deck must be clean, smooth and dry before applying Wayneflex TPO™. Make sure any fasteners protruding above the deck boards are removed or hammered down. Replace any damaged or rotted deck boards. No primer is necessary in nail down applications.
1. Wayneflex TPO™ should be applied under the metal drip edge at the eave in nail-down applications and over the metal drip edge in fully adhered applications.
2. If a wood drip edge is used, apply it over the Wayneflex TPO™ in all applications.
3. Wayneflex TPO™ should be applied under the drip edge at the rake edge in all applications.
1. Position the product into place. Overlap the bottom edge (eave) by ¼ inch. Unroll as you work. In a mechanically fastened application, Wayneflex TPO™ must be secured with roofing nails only (18 inches on center).
2. Along a valley for maximum protection, Wayneflex TPO™ should remain intact and extend 18 inches on either side of the valley.
3. Slowly roll out Wayneflex TPO™ and position into place, working from the center of the valley or ridge outward in each direction. Always apply valleys starting at the lowest point and working upward. Wayneflex TPO™ should be applied in valleys before doing eave applications. Take time to be sure that good contact is made in the valleys before proceeding.
4. When used for ice guard protection, Wayneflex TPO™ should extend from eaves to a point 24 inches inside the exterior wall. In most areas, this will place Wayneflex TPO™ well above the maximum ice dam buildup line.
5. If your project is larger than single roll width, overlap a second course 3 inches onto the first course. Double sided tape is recommended in areas of overlap. Use hand pressure or a roller to smooth the lapped area to assure good adhesion of the seam. Continue this same application procedure for any additional courses, as needed.
6. Overlap at least 6 inches wherever the ends of two rolls meet. Double sided tape is recommended in all areas of overlap. Use hand pressure or a roller to smooth the lapped area to assure good adhesion of the seam.
7. Consult local building code for more specific requirements.
1. Wayneflex TPO™ can easily be covered by shingles or other roofing material. Because of its superior nail-sealability, the fasteners used to apply the roofing material will not adversely affect its performance.
2. Wayneflex TPO™ is a moisture and vapor barrier. Since ice build-up is partially a function of proper ventilation, all spaces under the covered deck area and the entire attic space must be ventilated in accordance with FHA minimum property standards and local building codes.
3. When practical, apply Wayneflex TPO™ directly to the wood deck.
4. Store Wayneflex TPO™ in a dry, well ventilated area. Do not store at 90°F (32°C), or warmer, for extended periods of time.
5. When applying Wayneflex TPO™, always follow local building codes and the shingle manufacturer’s instructions for installation.
Wayne County Rubber, Inc., 1205 E. Bowman St., Wooster, OH44691